Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Don't Look Any Further Than My Buttons



Don't Look Any Further Than My Buttons (Dennis Edwards & Seidah Garret vs. The Pussycat Dolls & Snoop Dogg)

Don't Look Any Further Than My Buttons (Mash-up) by DJ Dain

[FileDEN Mirror]

I went back and tweaked this one to really give the new drums some punch. I was really amazed how well the two songs matched up in terms of key, chord structure, and harmony. I only had to drop the vocal pitch by one unit in a few spots. Mark 3:04 really does it for me when the combined breakdowns meld together.

I like how this mash-up gives the Pussycat Dolls a sexier sound. The original always sounded more... well... skanky/slutty to be honest. The deep grooves of Dennis Edwards & Seidah Garret really bring out a more intimate side to the lyrics.

But hey, that's just me.


No comments: