Friday, January 23, 2009

Across the Surface of the Universe



Across the Surface of the Universe (The Chemical Brothers vs. The Beatles & Katie Enlow)

Across the Surface of the Universe (The Chemical Brothers vs. The Beatles & Katie Enlow) by DJ Dain

I saw "Across the Universe" a few months back, and I have to say it neither lived up to the hype nor the ferocious disappointment I've encountered from many others about it. It was pretty average overall, and I'm a sucker for stupid puns (e.g., When I'm 64, Max's silver hammer).

Getting Katie Enlow's vocal to match up in terms of pitch was frustrating to say the least. I had to cut out the whole "northing's gonna keep me down" bit because it caused a horrendous key clash. I also realize I may have almost drowned her vocal in reverb, but it didn't feel quite right without it. The Chemical Brother's track called for a big, roomy vocal and that was the only method I could figure out at the time.


No comments: